Monday, April 4, 2011

Tiii-i-i-ime is on my side...yes it is...

Well!  Here I expected to have an entry every day, and wow, look how the time has flown!

As a follow up to the songs my grandmother used to sing to us, between my sister and myself, we got to her to remember them...more or less.  Gram says that the 2nd song was You Are the Sunshine of My Life, but I am very hesitant to believe that.  Not that Gram is really a racist, but she is reminiscent of Edith Bunker... and I highly doubt that she would have picked a song by a black man... I'm just saying.  You Are My Sunshine seems much more likely.

The 4th song that we couldn't figure out is apparently Welcome to My World, which I don't think I have ever heard.  What I *do* remember her singing all the time is You Are My Special Angel... that's one she would really belt out. 

I am saddened by the fact that when I asked Gram about our songs, she said that probably I was the only one who had one - and when I replied back that we all had them, she didn't really seem interested.  
Dementia sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment